|Linux / Unix Command: lsusb|
NAMElsusb - list all USB devices
DESCRIPTIONlsusb is a utility for displaying information about all USB buses in the system and all devices connected to them.
To make use of all the features of this program, you need to have Linux kernel 2.3.15 or newer which supports the /proc/bus/usb interface.
- Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about all devices.
- Tells lsusb to be very verbose and display even more information (actually everything the PCI device is able to tell).
- -s [[<bus>]:][<devnum>]]
- Show only devices in specified bus and devnum.
- -d [<vendor>]:[<product>]
- Show only devices with specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal and may be omitted.
- -p <procpath>
- Use another path instead of /proc/bus/usb.
- -D <device>
- Do not scan the /proc/bus/usb directory, instead display only information if the device whose device file is given.
to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree.
Important: Use the man command (% man) to see how a command is used on your particular computer.