|Linux / Unix Command: su|
NAMEsu - run a shell with substitute user and group IDs
SYNOPSISsu [OPTION]... [-] [USER [ARG]...]
Change the effective user id and group id to that of USER.
- -, -l, --login
- make the shell a login shell
- -c, --commmand=COMMAND
- pass a single COMMAND to the shell with -c
- -f, --fast
- pass -f to the shell (for csh or tcsh)
- -m, --preserve-environment
- do not reset environment variables
- same as -m
- -s, --shell=SHELL
- run SHELL if /etc/shells allows it
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for su is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and su programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info su
should give you access to the complete manual.
Important: Use the man command (% man) to see how a command is used on your particular computer.